If you have too many zucchini growing in your garden (or your neighbor is desperately trying to give you more), try out this zucchini pizza crust with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups, packed and drained (or dried with a paper towel), grated zucchini—about two 7-inchers; use a food processor to save time. You can freeze the grated zucchini—allows more moisture to escape when thawing and makes it easier to get the zucchini dry.
- 2 eggs, beaten (OK to delete one or both yolks)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Rosemary, basil, oregano, or marjoram – your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced or grape tomatoes
- Extra mozzarella, sliced or grated (fresh mozzarella or regular shredded)
- Extra parmesan
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, flour, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs, and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Spread mixture (thinly!) into the prepared pan and bake 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown. About half way through the baking, brush the crust with the remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- After crust is out of the oven, wait 10 minutes and use a spatula to loosen the crust from the parchment paper, so it won’t break later!
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake until heated through (5-10 min)
Adapted from Alice’s recipe and from Stetted.com’s recipe (photo credit Stetted.com)