Roberto grew up in Faenza, Italy and lives in Avignon, France. After getting a Middle East Studies B.A. and a Master’s degree in Public and political communication, he worked for about ten years as a free-lance editor, journalist and consultant. He then moved to France – by bike – with his girlfriend, he wrote a novel, found a publisher but… something went wrong (and that’s why some of his friends call him écrivan maudit). He has also been a bartender, a drummer, a photography student, and a radio show host. He is a wine and tea lover and connoisseur. In his spare time he reads and cooks a lot, he grows chili peppers and he, sometimes, creates crossword puzzles for his friends. He is seriously caring for his natural leaven which he uses to bake a fragrant whole flour bread.
- With ExperiencePlus! since: 2014
- Languages: Italian, English, French, Spanish. In 2016 he started Russian lessons.
- Favorite bike item: panniers (and the freedom that goes with them).
- Favorite place to ride: he learned how to ride in the Appennini hills in Romagna so he will always love those places. But he says that the best feeling is whenever he rides a road for the first time.
- Next dream vacation: planning a one year around the world bike trip!