Carol had the great fortune to develop her passion for bicycle travel in the late 1990s when she first worked for ExperiencePlus! as a marking associate, tour guide, and tour developer. Convinced as needed to find ‘more purposeful’ work, she went back to graduate school and spent the next two decades working in non-profit and higher education marketing and communications. When the opportunity to combine her love for traveling by bike with her professional expertise came knocking, she answered with great joy. Carol returned to ExperiencePlus! in 2021 as Sales and Marketing Manager. Today she can think nothing better suited to her professional skills and interests than helping connect our customers to the joys of exploring new places by bicycle. Whether mountain biking, backcountry skiing, trail running, fly fishing, or exploring gravel roads, Carol is continually in pursuit of new adventure.
“I’ve never been more at peace than when I’m bicycle touring. I love the simplicity. Just get to your next destination. The food, my companions, surprise stops for a quick dip in the sea, the landscape and scenery, the unfolding route: these elements just make the experience that much more rewarding.”
- With ExperiencePlus since: 2021; and 1997-2000
- Languages you speak: English and Spanish (conversational)
- Favorite Cycling Item: Sun sleeves! It’s a whole new world of cycling with little shade. I love getting them wet to cool me off. The hardest part about wearing them is deciding what color to wear.
- Favorite place to ride: On dirt. I love single track and gravel roads, but I’m quite happy pedaling pavement up canyons, over mountain passes, through river valleys, or wherever the landscape is diverse and inspiring. Croatia, Colorado, Canada, and Costa Rica are all highlights.
- Favorite ExperiencePlus tours: Explorer: Cycling Istria; Cycling Italy’s Dolomites Plus! The Sella Ronda; The Lakes of Austria and Slovenia Plus! Ljubljana
- Next dream vacation: Expedition: Patagonia Coast to Coast