This is your fantasy travel bubble — beautiful scenery, stunning bicycle rides, great friends and a deluxe sailboat. The boat aspect offers you the perfect opportunity to travel safely. The small crew will all be tested before the trip, and most, if not all, of your fellow travelers will be fully vaccinated or tested. Croatia offers extraordinary outdoor patios so we have a few special restaurant meals planned. Otherwise you’ll enjoy specialties created by our onboard chef.
Some Logistics To Consider
- Entry for tourism is permitted only with documentary evidence of an accommodation paid in advance and in full, prior to arrival at the border (the accommodation reservation alone is not sufficient for entry). ExperiencePlus! will provide this documentation.
- All travelers (regardless of citizenship) who meet the entry conditions are advised to fill out an arrival form at Enter Croatia in advance to facilitate their entry at the border.
- Travelers must present a PCR or a rapid antigen test (list of acceptable antigen tests) not older than 48 hours (counting from the time of taking the test to arriving at the border crossing point)
- OR a certificate of vaccination (any vaccine) whose final dose was more than 14 days prior to entry
- OR a medical certificate confirming that the traveler has recovered from COVID-19 at least 11 days but no more than 180 days from the first positive test result to date of entry.
- The US requires (as of now) a negative COVID-19 test within three days of departure. Because the tour ends on a Sunday you might want to plan to stay an extra night in split to fly Monday or even Tuesday in order to fulfill this requirement.
What does the trip look like – Current Covid Regulations in Croatia:
- Masks: Required in indoor public spaces. Think inside stores, restaurants, museums.
- On the boat we can arrange for distancing if that’s what you prefer.
- The trip is designed so there are no van shuttles. If you opt to take a lift in the support vehicle masks will be required.
- Restaurants and bars with outside seating and terraces are open. If you should need to enter a restaurant to go to the bathroom you need to wear a mask.
- The crew is required to test negative before your arrival
Changes To the Tour Itinerary
- With a small group you will have one cycling tour leader (in addition to the staff members of the boat).
- Navigation will be with a combination of arrows and GPS tracks you can downloaded from RideWith GPS and use on your smartphone or GPS device. Fortunately most of these islands have very few roads so navigation is straightforward.
What won’t be different:
- You will have full vehicle support on your rides with snacks, extra water and a lift if you should want one!
- All of the tourists spot and highlights listed on the itinerary are open and ready to explore – the beauty of this country lies in the beautiful port towns that dot the islands.
- Amazing bike rides exploring the islands of Croatia.
- An exceptional Croatian tour leader.
- Beautiful swimming opportunities after long bike rides.
- Great fun with new friends!
Browse our photos from this tour below and dream of sipping a cold glass of wine on that roof top deck!