Categories: About ExperiencePlus!
The Gift of Givingby ExperiencePlus! - Thursday, December 3, 2015
2015 Send A Teacher Traveling:
The ExperiencePlus! Send a Teacher Traveling Award (S.A.T.T.) program recognizes outstanding K – 12 public school teachers throughout the United States by encouraging teachers to participate in educational, active travel opportunities, like those offered by ExperiencePlus!.
Since the program began in 1996 we have given away over 20 free bicycle tours across Europe and South America and we are excited and proud to continue this great program in 2016. If you know a deserving educator have them submit an application by the last day of February.
Read our interview with the 2015 S.A.T.T winner Cate Dollard
Bicycle Tour Donations:
Each year ExperiencePlus! donates bicycling tour certificates worth $3500 to $4500 to worthy non-profits. If you know of a worthwhile organization have them apply.
2015 Beneficiaries Included:
- MS Society Dinner of Champions – a community leadership event highlighting the accomplishments of those who demonstrate a commitment to philanthropy, volunteerism and advocacy. Local MS Champions and community leaders are honored to raise money for those impacted by MS in northern Colorado.
- UNC Community Radio – KUNC’s abiding belief in the value of diversity stems from our core values as a community public radio station. Our strong commitment to diversity strengthens our community and enhances respect for a diverse audience.
ExperiencePlus! is also giving back in other ways:
- We donate logo items to non-profits.
- Marking routes for charity bicycle rides using our signature chalk dust arrow navigation system.
- Co-Host and provide a bike mechanic for both winter and summer Bike to Work Day Breakfast station. Join us December 9th from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. at the Fort Collins Food Co-op.
- Gold Sponsors of the Adventure Cycling Association whose mission is to inspire and empower people to travel by bicycle.
- Purchased work bench for the Fort Collins Bike Co-op – Building Community through Bicycling. The Co-op is helping those who can’t afford to buy a bike. Educate in all things bike related including bike maintenance, education and safety. Re-Cycle refurbish and donate bicycles.
- United Way’s Make a Difference Day – US Staff volunteered at an adult day shelter and assisted with making and serving lunch for about 100. Maria Elena’s risotto was a highlight.
Our travelers who select to donate in lieu of receiving a gift have helped us to support the following organizations.
- Sponsor a Mile with the Adventure Cycling Association – ExperiencePlus! sponsored two miles with The Adventure Cycling Association.
- Bicircolo is a local association based in Bologna, Italy that believes in bicycles as tools of freedom. Its goal is to provide bicycles to people through a new concept of long-term bike sharing.