Terms and Conditions
- On booking, a deposit of $500 per person reserves space on a tour. (Expedition style tours have a $1000 deposit.)
- Transfers: placing Money on Account is the same as a transfer. We allow this once per season and any transfer after that will incur an admin fee of $100 per additional transfer.
- Final Payments:
- 90 days before your departure, full payment is due for Classic, Explorer and Expedition Style Tours.
- 120 days before departure, full payment is due for Bike and Boat style tours. Cancellation conditions differ as well, see below.
- We will always remind you when final payments are due.
- Late bookings will be taken if space is available. Due to hotel availability, we may ask for a credit card if a booking request is made within 60 days of departure. It will not be charged until space is confirmed.
Cancellation Terms For International Tours
If you cancel your reservation on a confirmed tour, we will incur costs and expenses the exact amount of which would be difficult or impractical to determine. Therefore, we will retain all or a portion of your deposit as liquidated damages, not as a penalty, which you agree is fair and reasonable. The following tables explain cancellation fees for tours operated by ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours. Please note there are different fees for Bike and Boat style tours, as listed in the separate table.
|Days before |
|Cancellation and Transfer Options|
|91 or more||Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
$200 cancellation fee per person. For Expeditions $400 cancellation fee, remainder is refunded.
|90 – 61||Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
Deposit as cancellation fee per person. Remainder is refunded.
|60-31||Deposit is transfer fee per person. Remainder of payment as Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
60% refund and 40% cancellation fee per person.
|30 – 0||Place 80% of funds paid* as Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
40% refund, 60%cancellation fee per person.
Bike and Boat Cancellation Fees Per Participant
|Days before |
|Cancellation and Transfer Options|
|120 or more||Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
$200 cancellation fee per person. For Expeditions $400 cancellation fee, remainder is refunded.
|119-91||Transfer 100% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
Deposit as cancellation fee per person. Remainder is refunded.
|90-31||Deposit is transfer fee per person. Remainder of payment as Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
50% refund and 50% cancellation fee.
|30 – 0||Transfer 60% of funds paid* to Money on Account (MOA) to be used on any tour operated by ExperiencePlus! on or before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation. |
25% refund and 75% cancellation fee.
We reserve the right to cancel a tour prior to departure for any reason.
In the case that the reason for cancellation is within the control of ExperiencePlus! a full refund, which constitutes full settlement, will be made.
If ExperiencePlus! cancels a tour for any of the reasons stated above, the following terms apply:
- Place 100% of funds paid on account to be used on a future tour operated by ExperiencePlus! scheduled before December 31, two years following the date of the cancellation.
- For new funds paid (money not previously on account) travelers can take a 50% refund and place 50% money on account to be used on a future tour operated by ExperiencePlus! scheduled before December 31, two years following the date of the cancellation.
In the case that the reason for cancellation is an event of force majeure, ExperiencePlus! will place 100% of customer funds on account towards a future tour reservation to be used within two seasons of the cancellation date. Events of force majeure include, but are not limited to, an act of God, fires, explosions, earthquakes, drought, tidal waves, floods, extreme weather events such as hurricane or heat wave, war, hostilities, rebellion or revolution or insurrection, military or usurped power, civil war, theft of tour equipment such as the van or bikes en route to the tour, strikes, contamination by radioactivity or biological agents, pandemic or contagion, acts or threats of terrorism, and/or government-imposed sanctions, embargos, or advisories that restrict travel. These events will also include the failure of third parties, such as suppliers (e.g. sites visited on the tour itinerary, hotels, restaurants, taxis, etc.), subcontractors, or necessary transportation services (e.g. airlines), to perform their obligations. ExperiencePlus! will make a cancellation for an event of force majeure once there is indication that the event is likely to negatively impact the tour in a way that cannot be accommodated.
If, within the two year time period in which funds have been kept on account for use, ExperiencePlus! is unable to offer another bike trip in Europe of similar length and difficulty with reasonably similar accommodations and a similar number of meals/guides/bikes/ and visits, then a full refund which constitutes full settlement will be made. ExperiencePlus! will not be liable for refunds if the event of force majeure, or its direct consequences, remain in effect throughout the two-year time period. In that case, customer funds will be retained on account for another two years.
Prices of tours may change in that time period – travelers will be required to pay the difference between what is on account and the new tour price.
Tour Pricing and Exchange Rate
Prices for overseas tours are based on international exchange rates and prices for tours are subject to adjustment without prior notification in the event those rates should change dramatically.
Money On Account can be applied in a Transfer or rebooking and has the following conditions:
- Any portion of your reservation paid with money on account will return on account if you cancel up to 30 days before departure.
- Money on account can only be used on tours operated by ExperiencePlus!.
- Any funds placed as money on account (MOA) must be used for travel happening before December 31, two years after cancellation date.
- Money on account from cancellations during the COVID-19 pandemic can be extended upon written request if you are not able to use the money before December 31, two years following the date of cancellation.
- Money on account from cancellations prior to the COVID-19 pandemic may be extended if you send us a written request and at that time the original cancellation fees and refund guidelines may be applied to your cancellation. Otherwise, funds are forfeited.
- Money on account can be transferred to other travelers.
- If, within the two year time period in which funds have been kept on account for use, ExperiencePlus! is unable to offer another bike trip of similar length and difficulty with reasonably similar accommodations and a similar number of meals/guides/bikes/visits, then a full refund which constitutes full settlement will be made. ExperiencePlus! will not be liable for refunds if the event of force majeure, or its direct consequences, remain in effect throughout the two-year time period. In that case, customer funds will be retained on account for another two years.
- Any money left on account beyond expiration will be automatically forfeited.
- If a request to keep money on account is made by the traveler that did not make the original deposit, the traveler who made the deposit should submit this MOA transfer request in writing.
- All requests for the money on account option must be received in writing or via confirmed email.
- Any extra credit given to you by ExperiencePlus! is applied as a discount to the invoice balance and has no cash value.
Travel Insurance: The tour price does not include travel insurance. Travel Protection Policies offered by most major travel insurance providers include benefits such as Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more. Information on our preferred provider is included in your booking confirmation materials. If you decide not to use our preferred provider we assume you are securing protection through another insurance company of your choosing..
ExperiencePlus! Traveler Code: By paying your deposit and completing your Reservation Forms, you certify you have read the following Traveler Code.
- I have (or will have at the time of travel) a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel and will be responsible for obtaining these items.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 30 days prior to my tour start date. This includes dietary needs, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that ExperiencePlus! will make a reasonable effort to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will read pre-trip materials about culture-specific etiquette, regional hotel and air conditioning standards, clothing, and medical requirements.
- I have chosen a trip that suits my abilities, level of fitness, and state of health, including consideration that I may be on roads that are different in terms of traffic and style compared to what I’m used to cycling.
- I do not have any physical conditions that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I understand the ExperiencePlus! philosophy is to use chalk arrows as a navigation tool to better allow for travelers to take advantage of the freedom that bicycle travel provides.Though tours are fully supported, I will not always be with a tour leader, and I am comfortable with cycling alone and following arrows even on roads that are not familiar to me.
- On tour styles that do not use chalk arrows, I understand that I will ride on my own on long stretches relying on a GPS-device provided by ExperiencePlus!.
- Secondary roads may not be well-maintained. I will pay attention to road conditions and watch for other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists.
- I will heed tour leaders’ cautions and advice and pay attention at the daily briefings.
- I understand access to medical facilities and evacuation services may not be in the immediate vicinity.
- I understand that even though ExperiencePlus! tours are planned in the best cycling season, the weather is variable, may change quickly and may become hazardous and so tour leaders may have to change plans from the original itinerary.
- I will always wear a helmet when riding.
- If I choose to drink alcohol, I will do so responsibly.
- I will respect the laws, customs, environmental guidelines and regulations of countries visited while on the trip, including not using headphones while cycling.
- I will not bring marijuana with me on the trip even if it may be legal in my place of residence.
- I will respect the rights and privacy of other trip members.
- I understand that travel with a group invariably involves compromises to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities of group members. ExperiencePlus! tour leaders may be required to improvise and to use their reasonable discretion in making decisions. These decisions may not always please everyone.
- I understand that ExperiencePlus! reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow group members. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the tour leader feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- ExperiencePlus! is 100% committed to providing a harassment-free and respectful environment for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, physical appearance or other group identity or presumed affiliation to a social group. All staff members, group travelers, and tour leaders are entitled to a safe and healthy environment. ExperiencePlus! will not tolerate disrespectful behavior, harassment or illegal acts in any form amongst travelers or between travelers, tour leaders and staff, and will consider any such act as a violation of our terms of service.
Photographs: By reserving space on tour, you agree that ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours may use, re-use and reproduce any images, photos or videos that you send to us, or that are taken by our guides and/or other travelers of you individually or in a group, in any medium, including but not limited to print, electronic media, or Internet, free of charge and without your right to inspection, for promoting and publicizing our travel products and services worldwide. If you do not want us to use any images of you that are taken by us or other participants during the tour, you must inform us or your tour leader in writing at the start of the tour.
Responsibility: ExperiencePlus! is the principal tour operator for these tours and is responsible to the participants for all arrangements and for all tour services and accommodations offered. ExperiencePlus!, its members, managers, agents, and employees (collectively “ExperiencePlus!”) will not be responsible for personal injury, death or property damage, economic loss or delay, or change of itinerary suffered by any person or tour participant arising out of the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of any direct or supplemental carrier, hotel, restaurant or other person rendering any services or accommodations for any tour; nor will ExperiencePlus! be responsible for any injuries, death, damage, loss or delay in any means of transportation or by reason or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of ExperiencePlus!. Bicycles provided for use during any tour are in satisfactory operating condition and participants agree to use them at their own risk or call deficiencies to the immediate attention of the head tour leader. ExperiencePlus! will not be responsible for product defects in any bicycles. The tour operator reserves the right to substitute hotels, restaurants, routes or other services listed in the itinerary with comparable services if necessary. Instruction in the use of bicycles will not be provided and participants affirm that they are familiar with the use of a multi-speed bicycle or electric assist bicycle. Bicycle tour participants are required to wear a cycling helmet while cycling.
The right is also reserved to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of a trip due to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of ExperiencePlus!. Activities involved in active travel and the tours described in our brochures and on our website are physically demanding, strenuous and potentially dangerous. At the discretion of ExperiencePlus!, participants failing to meet the physical and mental requirements, or participants deemed harmful or disruptive to other participants’ enjoyment of the tour, may be asked to leave the tour, with no refund applicable by their tour leaders or by the office staff.
Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions and any claim, controversy, dispute or cause of action (whether in contract or tort or otherwise) based upon, arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions and the tour hereby reserved shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the state of Colorado.
Submission to Jurisdiction – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that any action, litigation or proceeding of any kind or description, whether in law or equity, whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, shall be brought in the courts of the state of Colorado sitting in Larimer County or the United States District Court of the District of Colorado sitting in the City of Denver and you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
Waiver of Venue – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive any objection you may now or hereafter have to venue of any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved in the Courts of the State of Colorado sitting in Larimer County or the United States District Court of the District of Colorado sitting in the City of Denver.
Waiver of Right to Trial by Jury – By reserving space on a tour you irrevocably and unconditionally waive, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any right you may have to a trial by jury in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or the tour hereby reserved.
WAIVER, RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
BY SUBMITTING THIS FORM, I ACCEPT THE FORGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ON THE EXPERIENCEPLUS! WEBSITE. I HAVE REVIEWED AND UNDERSTAND THE TOUR LEVEL RATING STRUCTURE FOR TOUR LEVELS FROM 1 TO 5. EXPERIENCEPLUS! HAS ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS I HAVE ASKED CONCERNING THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED.
I CONFIRM THAT: (A) I AM IN GOOD PHYSICAL AND MENTAL CONDITION; (B) I HAVE THE REQUISITE SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED; AND (C) I AM NOT SUFFERING FROM ANY CONDITION, IMPAIRMENT, DISEASE, INFIRMITY OR OTHER ILLNESS, INJURY OR MENTAL DISORDER THAT WOULD ADVERSELY AFFECT OR IN ANY WAY LIMIT MY ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED.
I HAVE VOLUNTARILY APPLIED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED WITH THE FULL UNDERSTANDING THAT BICYCLING AND OTHER TOUR ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS THAT MAY RESULT IN PROPERTY DAMAGE, ILLNESS, INJURY, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THE RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS INVOLVED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR I HAVE SELECTED. I ASSUME THE RISK THAT I MAY SUFFER PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY, ILLNESS, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF RISKS, HAZARDS AND DANGERS.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN MEDICAL AND ACCIDENT INSURANCE, AND FOR ENSURING THAT IT IS EFFECTIVE OVERSEAS. I ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MEDICAL CARE PROVIDED TO ME AND I WILL PAY ALL COSTS OF MEDICAL CARE AND RELATED TRANSPORTATION THAT ARE PROVIDED TO ME DURING THE TOUR. IF I BECOME ILL OR AM INJURED AND AM UNABLE TO GIVE INFORMED CONSENT TO A PROPOSED MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT MAY BE DEEMED NECESSARY, I APPOINT MY TOUR LEADER AS MY AGENT WITH THE POWER TO AUTHORIZE ALL MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND HOSPITAL CARE FOR ME AND THE POWER TO EXECUTE ALL DOCUMENTS AND RELEASES NECESSARY TO OBTAIN SUCH CARE, ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY UNTIL I BECOME ABLE TO GIVE SUCH CONSENT OR UNTIL MY NEXT OF KIN OR OTHER PERSON SO DESIGNATED IN A MEDICAL POWER OF ATTORNEY DOCUMENT BECOMES ABLE TO ACT AS MY AGENT.
FOR MYSELF AND MY HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND ASSIGNS, I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE EXPERIENCEPLUS! BICYCLE TOURS, ITS MEMBERS, MANAGERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE HEIRS, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (“RELEASEE” OR “RELEASEES”) FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS, DAMAGE OR CLAIM ON ACCOUNT OF PROPERTY DAMAGE, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, EMOTIONAL PAIN AND SUFFERING, PARALYSIS OR DEATH, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASEE OR OTHERWISE, WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THE TOUR.
I AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES AGAINST ANY DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIM OF ANY OF PERSON ARISING OUT OF MY ACTIONS AND THOSE OF ANY MINOR ACCOMPANYING ME.
The tour price is based on double occupancy and includes the services specified in the itineraries plus optional activities listed. Prices do not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itineraries, passports or other travel documents, air or other transportation to and from tour start and ending points (unless otherwise stated in tour itinerary), vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications.
*Funds paid are defined as the listed tour price plus fees, minus discounts and credits that are applied to your tour invoice
- Refunds can take 1-3 weeks to process from the date written cancellation is received.
- Refunds will be made to the individual making the original payment(s) (payor) and will be made by the same method of payment.
- No refunds are possible after the tour begins; no refunds are issued for an unexpected late arrival or early departure.
- Refunds are for tour price only and do not include transportation, hotel or other personal expenses incurred on the part of tour participants.
Amendments: We may need to make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time and for many reasons. If we make a change to these terms and conditions, it will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or our posting of the amended terms and conditions on our website. You are responsible for periodically reviewing these terms and conditions for updates and amendments. The foregoing Terms and Conditions were last updated May 3, 2023.