Recipe: Zucchini Crusted Pizzaby ExperiencePlus! - Tuesday, September 8, 2020
If you have too many zucchini growing in your garden (or your neighbor is desperately trying to give you more), try out this zucchini pizza crust with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups, packed and drained (or dried with a paper towel), grated zucchini—about two 7-inchers; use a food processor to save time. You can freeze the grated zucchini—allows more moisture to escape when thawing and makes it easier to get the zucchini dry.
- 2 eggs, beaten (OK to delete one or both yolks)
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Rosemary, basil, oregano, or marjoram – your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 1 large ripe tomato, thinly sliced or grape tomatoes
- Extra mozzarella, sliced or grated (fresh mozzarella or regular shredded)
- Extra parmesan
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line jelly roll pan with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Combine zucchini, eggs, flour, mozzarella, parmesan, herbs, and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a bowl, and mix well.
- Spread mixture (thinly!) into the prepared pan and bake 25-35 minutes, or until golden brown. About half way through the baking, brush the crust with the remaining tbsp of olive oil.
- After crust is out of the oven, wait 10 minutes and use a spatula to loosen the crust from the parchment paper, so it won’t break later!
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake until heated through (5-10 min)
Adapted from Alice’s recipe and from Stetted.com’s recipe (photo credit Stetted.com)