Categories: Rambler E-Newsletters
ExperiencePlus! Bike and Boat Tours Set Sail 2018by Jessie Beyer - Tuesday, June 13, 2017
Bike and Boat With ExperiencePlus!
Two NEW itineraries coming 2018
We’re thrilled to announce two new bike and boat tours setting sail in 2018:
- Explore small villages and regal cities as you cycle through landscapes full of history and cruise along calm canals from Amsterdam to Bruges – or extend this itinerary on land and explore Plus! Belgium’s Breweries
- Cruise the Mediterranean, explore picturesque islands and pedal stunning limestone coastline. After your ride, take a dip in glittering waters on Cycling Croatia’s Islands by Bike and Boat.
We’ve designed two unique itineraries that take our travelers away from the tourist track, through small port towns and along scenic back roads. Cruise past the likes of famous cities with magical-sounding names including Amsterdam, Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges or pull out a stand up paddle board off the sun-drenched Dalmatian coast while taking in slower-paced island life.
No matter what your choice, you can look forward to settling into your cozy cabin on the ship and not packing or unpacking your bags as you explore new roads.
The ‘boat’ portion of this tour is new, but rest assured we’re keeping all the elements of ExperiencePlus! tours that have stood the test of time including well researched cycling routes, high-quality titanium bikes, a support vehicle, and our trusty arrows to lead the way.
On this bike and barge tour you will discover the southern region of Zeeland in the Netherlands, finally dipping into the West Flanders region of Belgium if you extend on the land-only “plus” portion. By day you’ll bicycle through regions known for their phenomenal sightseeing and cycling terrain. Your barge will cruise to new destinations as you experience and see first hand how the canal systems in this part of the world operate. On land you’ll cycle to iconic places including Gouda and the famous windmills of Kinderdijk, and on the river you’ll gain a perspective of stunning architecture as you enjoy a canal float.
Amsterdam to Bruges Highlights:
- Venice of the North (Amsterdam)
- Forts of Muiderslot and Weesp
- Gouda cheese museum and tasting
- UNESCO World Heritage Kinderdijk windmills
- Do-it-yourself-moving-bridge. You’ll have to see it to believe it.
- Roosevelt Heritage Museum
- “Onze Lieve Vrouwe (Our Lady) Cathedral” home to several of Rubens’ paintings
- Schelde riverbank bike path
- Cycling beside stately villas and along quiet canals
- Ghent’s rich historic center
- UNESCO World Heritage Site Medieval City Center
- Westvleteren – one of six authentic Trappist beers in Belgium (made by Trappist monks, a branch of Cistercian monks)
- Chocolate tastings – or all the chocolate you can eat.
Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast and its islands have been a favorite seaside destination among Europeans for over a century. Now we explore this spectacular limestone coastline by bicycle AND boat. Most islands we visit will provide both relaxed and challenging cycling options on picturesque Mediterranean islands. Each day you will explore quiet islands and finish your day on board our luxury gulet (traditional Mediterranean wooden sailboat) for a good night’s rest. Look forward to cycling three of the Mediterranean’s most picturesque and well-known islands – Brač, Hvar and Korčula – along with lesser-trodden islands like Vis and Solta. Perhaps the best part of this tour: if you decide you want a break from the bike there will be ample opportunities to explore tiny fishing villages, swim in the sea or even stand-up paddle board right from our boat.
- A week on a traditional Sailing Gulet
- Ancient cities of Split and Korčula
- Rides on Hvar Island and Hvar Town
- Solta Island
- Brač Island
- Vis Island
- Scenic beaches and hidden coves
- Swimming in the Adriatic
- Paddle boarding off the boat
- Fresh seafood dishes and gourmet meals on board
- All inclusive drinks on board the ship
Ready to set sail on your next adventure? Contact us for more information on our bike and boat tours.
Jessie Beyer - Originally from the suburbs of Washington, D.C., Jessie headed west for college and never looked back. She earned a Journalism and Technical Communications degree from Colorado State University, and has since worked in a variety of industries including radio, sustainability, and wine tourism. Jessie combines her passion for travel, cycling, and storytelling to help people understand the unique power of exploring the world from the seat of a bike. A self-proclaimed travel junkie, Jessie has found herself on many extended adventures. She spent 2015 exploring many corners of the world including tramping through New Zealand's mountains, cycling through Europe, and hitching a boat ride down the Mekong river from Laos into Thailand. At home in Colorado you'll likely find her singing her way up mountain trails, talking to strangers, and seeking restaurants with patios and Spanish wines.