[vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_text_separator title=”We are no longer accepting submissions” color=”mulled_wine”]
DEADLINE TO ENTER WAS MARCH 11, 2022.
In 1972 Rick and Paola Price guided an adventurous group of friends from Paola’s hometown of Forli, Italy, southwest across the Apennines and on to Pisa.
To celebrate 50 years since this first tour, we’re crowd-sourcing a collection of your favorite rides – from anywhere in the world! Road, gravel, mountain bike – any and all forms of bike travel of any length completed in one day. The ride can be something you’ve actually ridden or a route you hope to ride someday.
Anyone can enter, whether you’ve traveled with ExperiencePlus! or not. Only one entry per person. The deadline to submit your ride is 11:59 p.m. MST on March 11, 2022.
We recommend reading the following instructions before entering! Unfortunately due to international laws we can only allow entries from the USA and Canada (excluding Quebec). See details below.
When you submit your ride details through our official entry form, you will be automatically entered into our drawing for a trip for two on a 2022 departure of our signature Bike Across Italy – Venice to Pisa tour.[vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_text_separator title=”How to Enter” color=”mulled_wine”]
- Prepare your ride submission. See the next section below.
- Submit your favorite ride details through our Trip Giveaway Entry Form, which goes live on January 1, 2022.
- Spread the word!
Entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. Mountain Standard Time on March 11, 2022.[/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_text_separator title=”Prepare Your Ride Submission” color=”mulled_wine” el_id=”preparesubmission”]
Pro Tip: Complete the following steps before you head to the entry form.
1. Determine your favorite ride! It could be your go-to local loop, a ride from 20 years ago, a segment from an EP tour, or perhaps a ride you’ve never taken, but hope to some day!
- The ride can be any distance (of course, we’re partial to 50 km or 50 miles!)
- The ride can be located anywhere in the world, including from an ExperiencePlus! tour.
- The road surface can be dirt, gravel, pavement, bike path, or a combination of any.
2. Gather ride details
- Name of the ride
- Start/end location
3. Double your chances of winning!
Only one of the following actions will double your entry. The entry form will prompt you to:
- Upload a GPS track of your ride
- If you routinely track your rides with a GPS device or mobile platform, consider uploading this track as an URL or GPX, TCX, FIT, or KML file with your entry and you will double your chances of winning.
- You may also share someone else’s track so long as you have permission to do so.
- See guidelines for uploading in the next section.
- If your ride is from an ExperiencePlus! tour, there is no GPS track to upload. Therefore, you can refer a friend to us to double your chances of winning.
- Refer a friend
- If you select this option you will be prompted to share the name and email address of a friend who will receive an automatic email notification suggesting they enter the EPTurns50 Trip Giveaway.
[/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_text_separator title=”Instructions for uploading a GPS track through the Entry Form” color=”mulled_wine”]Near the end of the entry form you will be asked if you want to share a GPS track of your favorite ride. If you select this option, you will be prompted to take one of two actions:
- If you are a Ride With GPS member/user, simply copy the publicly viewable URL for route into the Entry Form.
- You can also create the route from scratch in Ride With GPS, save it, and then capture the URL, as noted above.
- If you use any other GPS tracking platform (Strava, Map My Ride, CalTopo, etc.) to record a ride or create a route, simply download the GPX, TCX, FIT, or KML file of the ride/route and upload to the Entry Form.
When you share your favorite ride as a GPS track, your submitted entry will be counted twice, doubling your chances of winning.
We will group every favorite ride entry by country or region and post these to the ExperiencePlus Ride With GPS Collection. You do not have to be a member of the geo-tracking platform Ride With GPS to view all rides.[vc_text_separator title=”Giveaway Rules, Terms and Conditions” color=”mulled_wine”]
- One entry per person using the official entrance form. A purchase or subscription will not increase your chances of winning. Any winner who enters by any method other than the form will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in the participant’s jurisdiction of residence at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of ExperiencePlus! or BikesPlus Srl, its promotional partners, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Deadline to submit is 11:59 p.m. MST, March 10, 2022. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner will be randomly chosen using a third party contest platform.
- Winner will be announced March 15, 2022, and contacted via email and/or phone and published on our website. Any winner who enters by any method other than the form will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Residents of Canada, in order to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question administered by email at the discretion of ExperiencePlus! In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered at the time of entry. Potential winner may be required to provide evidence that winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Judge’s decisions are final and binding.
- Winner has the option to join any 2022 Bike Across Italy – Venice to Pisa departure that is not sold out. In the event the preferred tour date is not available, or the dates of the available tour departures are not compatible with the winner’s schedule, the winner may select another 2022 ExperiencePlus! tour that is of equal or lesser value.
- Travel on an ExperiencePlus! trip must be booked by May 31, 2022.
- The Bike Across Italy – Venice to Pisa trip for two, or the equivalent value, cannot be split nor applied across multiple trips.
- Space is subject to availability.
- Prize does not include services and meals not listed specifically in the itineraries, passports or other travel documents, air or other transportation to and from tour start and ending points (unless otherwise stated in tour itinerary), vaccinations where required, or personal expenses such as laundry, medical insurance, and communications.
- Does not include any supplements such as e-bike surcharge or private room supplements.
- This prize is not eligible for Re-Cycle credit earning.
- The winner is subject to all other ExperiencePlus! Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the drawing, you grant ExperiencePlus! permission to use the ride and identify you by name and photographs in any of ExperiencePlus!’s advertising materials. You also agree to receive emails from ExperiencePlus! until you choose to unsubscribe.
- ExperiencePlus! is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, computer or other technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the collection, processing and transmission of data; [b] lost, late, misdirected, illegible or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; [c] any type of graphical or other error in the advertising or printing of the Sweepstakes or in the administration of the Sweepstakes; or [d] any condition that may cause the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; and in such event ExperiencePlus! reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and to award the prize via a random drawing from among all eligible entries legitimately received prior to cancellation.
- ExperiencePlus! reserves the right to substitute the trip for one of equal value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason beyond its reasonable control.
- Approximate retail value is $10,800. 1099 forms will be submitted to the winner. No cash value.